The 2019 Young Musicians’ Competition:
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
• Student applicants must be participants in their school music program.
• Applicants must be high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors in either San Francisco, San Mateo, or Santa Clara County schools.
• All orchestral instruments accepted.
HOW DO I AUDITION?
• Applications must be received by mail or fax by Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
• Auditions are in the afternoon of Saturday, March 30, 2019 at College of San Mateo.
• A non-refundable $40 application fee (check payable to the Peninsula Symphony) is due with the application.
• Total audition time is 10 minutes per applicant. Cuts are suggested to conform to the time limit.
WHAT SHOULD I PLAY?
• One solo unaccompanied work (Bach unaccompanied, major étude, etc.)
• One movement of a concerto or major work that can be performed with a symphony orchestra. Concertos must be approved by PSO Music Director.
• Both works together must conform to the time limit of 10 minutes.
WHAT CAN I WIN?
• FIRST PRIZE – $500.00, and a solo appearance with the Peninsula Symphony on Saturday, June 22nd, 2019 at 6:00pm in Los Altos (park venue TBA).
• SECOND PRIZE – $200.00
• THIRD PRIZE – $100.00
Need more info? Please contact Joanna Read, Operations & Development Associate, joanna@peninsulasymphony, or call 650-941-5291.
the 2018 Young Musicians’ Competition
Luis Lechuga Espada
Honorable Mentions Catherine Choi, Edward Jung, Jennifer Park